Sunday, July 4, 2010

Wheel

I talked to a friend tonight that I haven't talked to in a long time. We've exchanged greetings every now and again, but this was the first real conversation we've had in over half a year. When we parted ways six months ago, it was in turmoil and heartbreak, and I suffered from a pain that I had never experienced before. So, here I am, six months down the road and I still think about it all the time. On this day, she calls. It's incredible how six months doesn't necessarily heal anything, but instead makes us realize that living in pain isn't possible.

The entire time I'm here I believe that it just isn't possible that after all that had happened, there is no way she would want to talk to me, or even thinks of me anymore. After three hours of catching up and confiding in one another, I came to realize that I am not the only one that is suffering from these feelings. It was the best 195 minute trip down memory lane that I could have possibly had. To hear the words, "I miss you too", was nothing short of breathtaking. It was in this moment that I realized that suffering from a loss eats away our hearts and convinces us that hope will never come, but that's only when we suffer alone. Just knowing that someone else is searching for closure and answers makes a world of difference. After all of the past arguments, and regret, and pain, everything is finally coming full circle.

The girl that was just a girl, became my friend, that became my girlfriend, that I had planned on marrying; became my ex-girlfriend, that became my enemy, that became an acquaintance, that is now my friend. Just when I thought our journey was over, it seems that we find ourselves back at the start. That's the way this wheel keeps turning.

No comments:

Post a Comment