Friday, February 27, 2009

Three Little Birds

Have you ever had that moment when you realize that something is a lot better than you had previously thought? I remember when my family started camping I wasn't all that crazy about it, but now that I am older and have managed to change my outlook on life, I can't think of anything that I would rather do. The reason that this hit me so suddenly is simply because of the weather. For the first time this year I have inhaled the scent of rain it's pretty amazing how many memories and emotions an odor can bring. Stay with me here. With this glorious smell I realized that even though times can be a little hectic, it is so incredible how our senses affect our emotions, and our emotions affect our actions. This takes me back to camping. When we camp, one of the most beautiful things that can happen is rain, at least in my opinion. When rain comes I can smell it and almost taste it, and when it finally cuts loose all I want to do is play in it. So, no matter what time of year it is, I can feel like I'm camping. It is in this moment that I come to realize, yet again, it is the small things that make day to day life so amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment