Friday, January 9, 2009

In Good Company

I think that it would be appropriate to say that my life is very ordinary. My family is not all that disfunctional and we almost always get along. I used to think that life needed to be like a movie in order to be truly enjoyable, and I was upset in thinking that my life could never be that way.
Looking back on my very short life I have come to realize that my life in fact could very well be a ten disc documentary of the way that life should be. Maybe this sounds like nothing more than a "thank God" blog, and maybe it is, but all I know is that I've come to the wonderful conclusion that life is full of ups and downs and that's the way that it should be. No life will ever be like a fairytale, and if it was, then life would not be worth living. If not for all of the downs, then the ups would not be so great. What kind of appreciation for life would we have if it were not the times in which we fail and are heartbroken?
I have no wise words to follow my question, but I must say that life is so much better when we live it as simply as we possibly can. Live life and live it until you feel like you need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment